Scarborough Gas Engineers and Plumbing Services
Gas, plumbing & heating services along the North Yorkshire coast
Gastech offers a wide range of services from boiler repairs to landlord certifications; below are the most popular services we offer but if you have any bespoke projects please do not hesitate in contacting us.
For all your plumbing needs, Gastech has a team of engineers available for planned or emergency work such as:
- Leak detection
- Drain unblocking and repair (drain pipes from sinks, baths and toilets)
- Leaking faucet repair
- Drain cleaning
- Blockage or collapse of the water supply pipes
- Kitchen sink and tub installation
- Bathroom appliance installation
- Water filtration systems
- Installation of tankless water heaters
- Repair and installation of air conditioning systems
All of our technicians are registered with the Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering (CIPHE) and we are able to provide you with a full list of their qualifications. This guarantees that you are safe to trust us with any work on plumbing and heating systems in every environment.
Gastech offers a great variation of domestic services to help you with any gas emergency your household might have. Should you need us to carry out a gas safety check, repair your boiler or even install a new cooker, we will be more than happy to assist you. In terms of domestic gas services we offer the following:
- Gas safety checks
- Gas installations, including gas fire installations
- Gas appliance services and gas appliance repairs
- Gas leak detection and testing services
- Installation of radiators/cookers
- Gas fire installation
- Boiler upgrades
- Replacement of already existing gas appliances
- Repairs to appliances such as room heaters, stoves and hot water units
- Installing a gas meter
We provide plumbing services that are specialised for companies and businesses including project management, maintenance checks and 24 hour callout.
Our qualified and skilled professionals will help you to solve all the problems in the following areas:
- General plumbing repair, replacement and maintenance
- Water pipe repairs/re-piping
- Gas pipe repairs/re-piping
- Gas and water leak detection
- Repair and replacement of all brands and sizes of water heaters and boilers
- Annual water heater inspections
General maintenance services
Maintenance services help to avoid unexpected emergencies and will make equipment and plumbing systems last longer. Our general maintenance services include the following:
- Maintenance and cleaning of drains
- Toilet maintenance and management of water level
- Maintenance and optimisation of hot water services
- Maintenance of backflow prevention devices
Other plumbing services that Gastech offers for businesses include:
- Installing and testing backflow prevention devices
- Consultancy regarding energy efficiency for gas usage and water usage
- Water conditioning to provide your premises with cleaner water
- Toilet, faucet and fixture repairs, installation or rebuilding
Gastech provides a large number of gas related services that are focused on solving the problems of companies and businesses, may it be warehouse, hotel, factory or restaurant. We offer these services:
including gas pipework installation, installation of relevant gas appliances, installation of commercial and industrial gas boilers as well as installation of any gas heating equipment
Maintenance of gas appliances:
Checking and cleaning the appliances and replacement of the relevant parts of equipment, should it be required. We will provide maintenance for gas boilers, warm air units, commercial catering equipment, gas boosters and high pressure pipework, overhead radiant plaque heaters and overhead radiant tube heaters as well as floor standing and fired suspended heaters
Gas boiler service and repairs:
Full service of gas boilers or heaters. Including removal of burner heads, burner bars or diffuser plates, cleaning and damage repair. Other components serviced include ignition electrodes, heat exchangers and rectification probes.
Strength testing and tightness testing:
Strength testing is required on any new commercial gas pipework installations or extensions to already existing gas pipework installations in order to identify any flaw in their construction. This test should be applied before carrying out a tightness test.
The main purpose of a tightness test is to ensure that the commercial gas pipework is completely safe for use and will not cause any unsafe situation or risk.
Heaters & Gas Burners
Gastech offers a full installation, maintenance and repair service on all heaters and gas burners. A faulty or an unsafe heater can cause many serious problems including
If you have certain health problems only when heating is on (such as shortness of breath, headaches, dizziness, nausea or chest pain) they could be caused by carbon monoxide from a faulty gas heater. Gastech offers carbon monoxide testing and servicing.
Potential risk of fire
Gas heaters can also be dangerous because of the risk of fire therefore regular maintenance is advised.
The Gastech team with relevant certificates, qualifications and many years of experience will ensure your heaters and burners are installed safely. We offer installation of both flued heaters and non-flued heaters.
Gastech can also help you to find economical and energy efficient heating and we gladly provide you with advice on any questions you might have.
If you would like to enjoy warm floors throughout your household during the winter, Gastech can help you. Our employees will be able to install both water-based or electric underfloor heating system for your household.
Advantages of underfloor heating installation:
- Perfect and efficient way of heating a room as the heat is proportionally distributed and it is providing a room with a more consistent temperature.
- Providing warm surface of the floors, even if those are stone or tile floors
- Plenty of flexible options are available for various kind of floors
As mentioned before, we also know two kinds of underfloor heatings and those are:
Electric underfloor heating:
sometimes also known as a dry system in which electric wires are installed within (or beneath) your flooring.
Water-based underfloor heating:
Works in a way where a series of pipes is connected to your boiler or alternatively to solar water heating system and they circulate warm water throughout the floor in order to heat the room.
Although we usually associate underfloor heating with tiled floors or stone floors, it is possible to also use them in a carpeted room.
A landlord's responsibility is to ensure that in the property all the safety regulations are met and all the relevant certificates are obtained. Gastech can help obtain necessary certificates, carry out relevant checks or provide maintenance and repairs for any gas appliances on properties in order to comply with The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998.
According to The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998, every landlord will need to ensure that all gas appliances, flues and pipework are properly maintaned and safe to use. An annual inspection is required by law and Gastech offers the services of qualified and Gas Safe registered engineers.